Fireplace ideas?

Jake Warby Jake Warby Posted over 5 years ago 3 Comments
Share on:  
As you can see below, this room really needs a lot of help :) I'm hoping someone can weigh in with some good ideas on how it can be improved. The room currently has plantation shutters, a bamboo floor, animal print accessories and taupe colored walls. I think there might just be too much going on. Any ideas are appreciated!

Share on:  

Comments

Add your comment here...

Bob Wallace Bob Wallace over 5 years ago
The mantle seems too small and all the accessories on it make it seem too busy. I think you need to simplify. I'd remove the mantle and add a large piece of art or a round mirror.

I think the room's walls could benefit from a fresh coat of off-white paint to help brighten things up. Good... more

over 5 years ago
Hi Jake, yeah there's definitely a lot going on here :)

I agree with Bob - the space would benefit from a little decluttering, especially on the mantle and in front of the fireplace. If you're not feeling the look of the stone on the fireplace, I think it would look good if painted white... more

Kate Grace Kate Grace over 5 years ago
I think this room could benefit from more light. Do you have a picture of the full room with the lights on? I wonder if the built-in to the left of the fireplace could benefit from some accent lighting to illuminate the items on its shelf.

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.