Chair Recover

Kelly Heitz Kelly Heitz Posted about 6 years ago 2 Comments
Share on:  
I want to recover these old chairs. They were my parents and I love the shape, but the fabric is dated and worn. I plan to recover and keep the shape, but loose the skirts.
I love the look of a dark blue or green velvet, but I'm afraid with a dog (shedding golden retriever) it's not a practical choice. Does anyone have any advice on what fabric would work best? My house has a modern boho feel to it, if that helps! Also, sorry for the mess, we are renovating the kitchen and it has taken over the entire house :)
Share on:  

Comments

Add your comment here...

Audrey Crisp Audrey Crisp about 6 years ago
Designer for hire
I think a a deep blue velvet would be gorgeous, but I think it wouldn’t be practical! If you’d dog sheds a lot, I’d definitely go with a leather or faux leather finish. I think a camel color leather would be pretty, but also a deep blue leather would pop and go with your rug as well. Good luck!

about 6 years ago
Dark blue velvet fabric would be gorgeous for this space. I understand the concern about dog hair shredding. I'd suggest you get lighter color like cream or ivory velvet so it won't be visible by dog hairs. You can also add colorful pillows to add a bit colors to both chairs. Hope that helps. 

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.