Front Hall Love

Chapman Montgomery Chapman Montgomery Posted over 6 years ago 3 Comments
Share on:  
Dreaming of two huge ivory somethings (art? drawings? stencils?) behind these 1800s Parisian leather chairs in the first photo.  Perhaps a light gray oriental rug of some sort to warm up the space as well... any design sparks flying on any of these tangents?  Would love it if you were so inspired.

House is an 1890s colonial, most of the decor is classic antiques with a modern pinch of fun.  

Share on:  

Comments

Add your comment here...

Audrey Crisp Audrey Crisp over 6 years ago
Designer for hire
I'm not sure about art for above your chairs, but I think a cream colored area rug would break up the pattern floor and look great! (It's not letting me post the two photos I was trying to... sorry.) 

Marnie  Weir Marnie Weir over 6 years ago
Designer
Hi Chapman,

I'm in love with your Parisian chairs!  I would recommend 2 similar abstract black and white modern art canvases or framed above the chairs.  I agree with the persian rug.  I would go with a modern distressed persian style and posibly add a touch of color with it.  Your mirro... more

Chapman Montgomery over 6 years ago
Audrey, Marnie,
You're kind with your design council - thanks.  The sconces are original, and worth working with in my opinion.  I think they're cool.  Could perhaps see a carrara top on the chest - and a huge old mirror, or art.

Thanks for the big confirmation on the rug.  It would ... more

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.