Art above bed

Chapman Montgomery Chapman Montgomery Posted over 6 years ago 5 Comments
Share on:  
Looking to figure out the art I'd put above the headboard of this new bed fourboardwoodworks.com just crafted for me.  For some reason, just adding a rectangular landscape seems like its over-rectangling the space.  Maybe 3 of something cool, even sculptures spread across the space?

Rest of the room is ivory curtains, dark wood floors, linen bench.  Thoughts?

Share on:  

Comments

Add your comment here...

Jamie Thomas Jamie Thomas over 6 years ago
Designer for hire
Hi! I think you have a few options. First would be that you could do a smaller grouping of 3 long narrow art pieces, which are still rectangles but it creates more lines and a focal point. Or my favorite option to use 6 stacked smaller pieces. Second being to choose a larger piece that has lines ... more

Audrey Crisp Audrey Crisp over 6 years ago
Designer for hire
I think a round sunburst mirror would look great above your bed, or an oval mirror...Also, 3 rectangular (portrait style) art pieces would look great. 

Marnie  Weir Marnie Weir over 6 years ago
Designer
Hi Chapman,

Its a beautiful bed.  I like the simplicity of the space.  You could go 2 directions.  One would be some very subtle pencil sketches or maybe something historical relating to a hobby of yours or something relating to your home (architecture?) The second would be some a really... more

Silvia Karounos Silvia Karounos over 6 years ago
Designer for hire
Hi Chapman, Since your bed makes a big statement into the space being an important focal point, I will rooting my advice toward a wall paper with a delicate print to provide a palette that can balance the neutrals. It can be installed two sconces over the headboard to provide direct light to read... more

Chapman Montgomery over 6 years ago
Cool - some INCREDIBLE ideas on directions.  You all are great.  Will make sure to post the update once we get things figured out... just don't hold your breath

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.